Our Governing Body is comprised of a group of committed individuals who monitor and advise on all aspects of school activities for the school. Our overall responsibility is to help and support the Headteacher and staff in the running of the school and to make sure the school provides a good quality education for all the children. It focuses on raising standards of achievement by promoting excellent teaching and learning to enable all pupils to achieve their maximum potential.
Our governing body:
- plans the school’s future development, monitoring and evaluating progress
- helps to set and reviews the school’s policies
- is accountable for the performance of the school to parents and the wider community
- recruits the Headteacher and works closely with them
- makes decisions on the school's budget, allocation of resources and staffing
- makes sure the National Curriculum and Religious Education are taught
- decides how the school can encourage pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- makes sure the school provides for all its pupils, including those with special educational needs.
Each Governor is elected for a period of four years by the Parochial Church Council, the District Council, the Parish Council, the Parents, the Teachers and the Diocesan Education Committee.
Our current members are shown below. They are there to support you and would like to hear from you if you have any questions or concerns.
Below is a list of individuals who make up our current Governing Body.
|Mrs Carol Arrowsmith||Foundation Governor (Chair of Governors)
|Mr David Hart||Vice Chair/Chair of Resources and Finance|
|Rev. Ruth Pyke||
Foundation Governor, SIC
|Mrs. Belinda Hamblin||Co-opted, Safeguarding Governor/ Chair of SIC|
|Mr James Wild||Co-opted, Health and Safety Governor/ Resources|
|Mrs Olivia Erby||Associate to Resources and Finance|
|Mrs Vanessa Martin||Foundation Governor, SIC|
|Mrs. Margaret Davies-McKeon||Ex-Officio, Headteacher|
|Mrs Elizabeth Wallace||Staff Governor, SIC|
|Mrs Sue Jagelman||Associate Governor|
|Mrs Carol Dolling||Clerk to the Governors - to contact the Governing Body please contact the clerk (firstname.lastname@example.org) or ring the school (01763 848281).|
|Mrs Angela Sutherland||Parent Governor|
The Governing body can also be contacted by email via the school office.