The school was founded in 1895 and since that time, it has sought to provide an excellent educational foundation for its pupils. Over the years, the school has formed a very close relationship with the village community and its village church St Margaret of Antioch. The pupils benefit hugely from this in many areas within the curriculum.
We aim to provide all children with a broad and balanced, high quality education so that they can achieve their potential. We believe that our school should be a happy place, where children feel motivated and enthusiastic about learning.
We are extremely proud of our friendly and inclusive school, with delightful and friendly pupils, excellent teachers and support staff, supportive parents and governors.
We offer your child
- Specialist Early Years Unit from 3 years with own outdoor area
- Good sized classrooms, well equipped with access to Information Technology including white boards
- High levels of individual attention
- Well stocked library
- Excellent sporting facilities, large field, swimming and tennis court access
- Swimming Lessons every Monday afternoon from Reception to Year 4 with a qualified Swimming Teacher
- Large safe play area with adventure playground
- Specialist music teaching across school
- Violin tuition for all Year 1/2 & 3/4 children
- Wildlife area
- Specialist mobile classroom science provision
- Clubs to appeal to every child
- A range of learning experiences by linking with Barkway School.